Wednesday, September 28, 2016

こんばんわみなさん。

To set things in perspective, here's a list of my goals in this course and what I intend to do to improve.

Goals:

- Precise pronunciation: I crave understanding of the subtle nuances and intonations of the Japanese language. In order to properly speak it, I must have a firm grasp on the rhythm, pitch, and intonations of Japanese sentences.

- Speed: In order to sound natural when speaking Japanese, I want to master the speed of the language, both in the pronunciation of syllables and the placement and length of pauses.

- Unconscious reading and listening: My ultimate goal in learning Japanese is to be able to comprehend what I hear and read without thinking about it or translating it in my head with instant understanding.

 Improvement strategies:

- Exposing and immersing myself in the Japanese language in any way I can

~ Watching anime and shadowing the dialogue

~ Attending the Japanese language table 

~ Using Japanese phrases in my daily life

~ Studying an hour every night

I'm excited to see how I improve in the coming year, so I guess I'll see you then!



じゃ、また

Wheeler さん。

7 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say that I love the meme and the anime it belongs to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Unconscious understanding." That's a really good milestone to work after. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wheelerさん、 I hope and believe this year will be transformative (in terms of Japanese skills at least). What anime show is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with Sarah. So.... are you watching Mob Psycho 100 as well? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's still hard for me to speak English without thinking! I need to brush up my skills like you learn Japanese.

    ReplyDelete
  6. こんにちわ Jacob さん、わたしはデボラです。わたしはコロンビアだいがくのがくせいです。I was just wondering how you were planning on immersing yourself in Japanese culture while in the U.S.? Have you managed to keep on using Japanese phrases on a daily basis?

    ReplyDelete